Code compliance is the rehabilitation of hazards, inspection, and improvement, of environmental issues that affect public and private premises by determining the presence of safety and health hazards, nuisance violations, unsafe building conditions, and violations of any building regulations, zoning code and/or ordinance.
How is this done?
- Patrolling of residential/commercial areas
- Removal of all illegal signage on utility poles, and any signage that interferes with the right-of-way
- Giving citations to anyone who continually does not comply and continuously repeats violations
- Assist with inspections related to applications for occupational tax, certificate of occupancy, signage (whether temporary, permanent, or nonconforming), zoning compliance, and other permitting processes
- Conducting storm water-related inspections for both food and non-food facilities; coordinating with public works to resolve storm water-related issues
- Completing soil and erosion inspections at all development and construction sites in the city
- Developing and maintaining paper and digital case files and records
- Coordinating with city staff members under direction of the Planning and Development Director to research and review current ordinances in order to make recommendations for new revisions
To report an issue click the REPORT AN ISSUE tab or click here