The City of Clarkston will hold a General Election on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 to elect three (3) Council Members to the Clarkston City Council. The term of office is four (4) years and the elected officials will be sworn in at the January 2020 meeting of the City Council.
The election type for Council Members is plurality with the candidates for council members receiving the greatest, second greatest, and third greatest number of votes cast for council members shall be elected. You must declare the office you are running for when you qualify as a candidate.
Persons wishing to qualify for this election may file a Notice of Candidacy with the Municipal Election Superintendent at Clarkston City Hall Annex, 1055 Rowland Street, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. beginning on Monday, August 19, 2019 to Friday, August 23, 2019 (Georgia Election Code 21-2-132 (d)(3). The Qualifying fee for council is $105, represents 3% of the total gross salary of the preceding year (Georgia Election Code 21-2-131 (a) (1) (A). Each Candidate must meet the qualifications of the Charter and Code of the City of Clarkston, as well as all applicable state and constitutional laws.
A complete Candidate packet will be available in the City Clerks Office, during the qualifying period.
The qualifications to run for office include:
- Candidate must be 18 years old,
- A Citizen of the United States
- A bona fide resident of the City of Clarkston for a continuous period of at least 12 months immediately prior to the date of the election
- Must have no debts outstanding against them in favor of the city, county or state.
- The candidate must be registered and qualified to vote in the municipal elections for the City of Clarkston and continue this qualification throughout their term of office.
Candidate must continue to reside in the City of Clarkston during their period of service;
For questions or for more information please contact Tracy Ashby, City Clerk, at 404-296-6489 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
CLICK for more information on Qualifying and Elected Office.